In the somewhat modified words of author Nicholas Sparks,
“I am no one special. Just a common [wo]man with common thoughts. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived. I’ve loved [A]nother with all my heart and soul and for me, that has always been enough.”
I’ve lived a lot of my life in bondage to fear, to please others, to food, etc. etc. etc. The list goes on and on. There are many things that I’ve abdicated my sense of worth to over the years and although it will always be a temptation, God has done a lot of healing in my life. God has given me a taste of the goodness of liberation and it has made all the difference. And like anything that tastes good, I want to tell the world about it. Come, my friends, and taste that the Lord is good. His mercies are new each morning. Your worth is completely based on God’s love for you and His love is unconditional. Thus, your worth is unconditional. There is nothing on earth that we must be enslaved to because we have a King who has liberated each one of us.
God’s fundamental demeanor toward you is goodness. Keep repeating that to yourself until you believe it. Because it is true, my friends.
God is good. God is love. God is over the moon for you. God is for you, not against you. You are His beloved.
The nuts and bolts about me:
- Pastor of youth and missions since 2000 at First Baptist Church, Jefferson City, Missouri. I also work with strategic planning and communications.
- Proud Auntie of Blake and Morgan
- Amateur Blogger
- Former History Teacher and Counselor for At-Risk High School Students
- Protector, Idealist, Peace-seeker
- An avid reader and want-to-be writer
- 9w1 on the Enneagram
- INFJ according to Myers-Briggs
- A life-long student
- A Peace-Prayer in Progress