Friday Five: Boo Boo Alert
Here’s the Friday Five from the RevGals. Play along! Leave me a comment with your answers.
1) Are you a baby about small injuries?Nope! I’ve had several over the years. As a tomboy growing up, scars, bruises and wounds were symbols of prestige and honor. The more, the better.
2) What’s the silliest way you have ever hurt yourself?
Does fracturing my thumb while starting a lawn mower count? Mowing is dangerous. For my own safety, I try to avoid it. Or perhaps it was the time a horse bit me on the knee. That wasn’t fun either. Accordingly, I don’t have much use for horses. Okay, I forgot about the time I jumped off the top of the playground tower in 4th grade on a dare to be the first girl to accomplish such a feat. As I cleared the top chain, my foot caught it and I tumbled to the gravel base 12 feet below. Knocked the wind out of me, gave myself gravel marks in my back for a few days but more importantly, earned the respect of my classmates for having some guts. (not stupidity, guts).
3) Who took care of your boo-boos when you were a child?My parents. I don’t actually remember. By the time I was four, they probably had given me a personal first aid kit for Christmas and said "Knock yourself out, kid."
4) Are you a good nurse when others have boo-boos?
Pretty good. There are lots of occasions for nursing as a youth minister.
I just pass on the wisdom of my parents and tell them "Knock yourself out, kid."
5) What’s the worst accidental injury you’ve suffered? Did it require a trip to the Emergency Room? Believe it or not, the mowing accident was the only one that landed me at the ER.
Ooh another sister tomboy. You go girl. You have my respect, too. A broken thumb, nasty.
Take care of yourself out ther. I bet your youth group loves you.
Definitely hear you on the personal first-aid kit. My parents started giving me band-aids in my Christmas stockings by the time I was in high school.
Definitely guts! You should hire out that lawn mowing thing.
heh, mowing! at least your’s is respectable. my silliest came when i was matching wills with a hamster (those things bite hard). blessings.