For this mid-December Friday Five, let’s explore some Yuletide favorites.
1) It’s a Wonderful Life–Is it? Do you remember seeing it for the first time?
Okay, I know this admission will make me seem very unAmerican or inhumane or something but I have not actually seen "It’s a Wonderful Life". I’m sure "It’s a Wonderful Movie" but I’ve just never seen it. Sad, I know, but true.
Hmmmm …. I’d say the new one for two reasons. One – I know I saw the old version but I can’t really remember much about it. and Two – The little girl in the new version is so adorable. How can you not love her?
3) Do you have a favorite incarnation of Mr. Scrooge?
Yes, but since I want a Christmas future here at my place of employment, I will refrain from mentioning names.
4) Why should it be a problem for an elf to be a dentist? I’ve been watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer for years now, and I still don’t get it.
I think the issue might be a weird paranoia among patients that elfs are tiny enough to actually fall into the mouth during the procedure since your jaw is opened to an abnormally large and uncomfortable size.
5) Who’s the scariest character in Christmas specials/movies?
- The Bumble
- The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, Muppet Version
- That Mean Magician Who Tries to Melt Frosty
- Your Nomination:
- I nominate King Herod. He’s very scary. I don’t care who plays him.