I’ve been tagged by my new web friend, Carmen,to extol the God-prints in my life. This is my first experience with being tagged so I’ll give it my best
1. A friend who has blessed me: Kailey – for teaching me a lot about being a friend; Marcia – for teaching me how two people different in some ways can still find common ground that is rich and fertile; Cari – for giving me "girlfriend" moments like you see in the movies – chocolate, movies, ice cream and boy-bashing if necessary
2. An unexpected gift: each day; my understanding of God today (meaning – God has gotten bigger, not smaller which is a beautiful thing)
3. A kind word shared with me recently: “Cause I’d like to know you better."; from Carmen in her post explaining why she tagged me. To know that someone desires to know you better is a very affirming and kind thought.
4. Something that makes me stop and praise God: when I’m aware that God has taught me something, it makes me praise God because when I’m taught, it reminds me that God is interacting with me. God-moments when you know you’ve interacted with the Creator of all and you’re overwhelmed with gratitude that God would even bother with you and you realize the only reason God would bother with you is because She loves you.
5. Something I’m looking forward to: new experiences and understandings from, with and of God as we journey together; the next day and the unknown possibilities that it brings; seeing my youth grow in wisdom; being content and at peace most of the time rather than being tossed by the waves of life
6. A particular part of me I’m pleased with: My empathy
7. Something in my life I wanted but never expected: Serving as a full-time, paid and licensed youth minister. Females weren’t too common in my Baptist world upbringing.
8. A place that moved/moves me: Windermere Conference Center (many wonderful childhood memories there and God-moment memories; a quiet beach in Fort Morgan during the early evening as the sun is setting; Hospital rooms on pastoral visits when congregants are facing amazing health challenges; Cold Stone Creamery – yum yum
9. One thing/person that always makes me smile: my nephew, Blake; Good in the world; underdog victories; my youth at many various times for many various reasons; Stephen Colbert
10. Most recent “love note” from God: Tonight when I was walking God reminding me that there is no need to worry or fear about the future. God’s got the lilies back; how much more does He have mine.
And now it’s my turn to tag:
- Kate – because you are me about ten years ago</li>
- Kailey – because I always love to hear your thoughts</li>
- Preston – because I know you lurk here religiously and even though you don’t have a blog (despite my insistance that you start one), you could post your thoughts in my comment area)
Thanks for the tag, Carmen.